Stray bullet, firecracker injure 3 in Bukidnon

By : Uriel Quilinguing Mindanao Today/11:19:27am 01/04/2022


banner


THREE persons were injured due to a stray bullet and firecracker blasts on New Year’s Day, Jan. 1, 2022 in Bukidnon, a police official said over the weekend.

Lt. Col. Michelle Olaivar, spokesperson of Police Regional Office-10, said these incidents transpired past midnight of Dec. 31 in Quezon and Kibawe towns and in Valencia City.

Olaivar named the victims as Joshua Ramboan, 25, of Lumintao, Quezon; Cristine Yanggo, 18, of Tongantongan, Valencia City; and Jan Mark Lombreno, 12, of Marapangi, Kibawe.

Attending physician Andrew Alvarez at the Bukidnon Provincial Hospital-Maramag described Ramboan “in stable condition” though still under observation, after bullet from a .45 caliber handgun was removed from his left stomach.

BPH-Maramag, where the stray bullet victim was immediately brought, is about nine kilometers from Quezon town proper though the incident occurred at Purok-3A, Sitio Sisiman, of Barangay Lumintao.

Staff Sgt. Calvin Rey Basao, officer-in-charge of Quezon Municipal Police Station, in his report to PRO-10 said an investigation on the stray bullet incident is ongoing.

Yanggo had burns due to a fireworks device that accidentally fell on her right chest, while details on Lombreno’s injury has yet to be determined.

It was Yanggo’s brother who reportedly lighted the fireworks device, police said.

PRO-10 “Ligtas Paskuhan 2021” campaign which was launched Dec. 16 last year deployed some 1,551 police personnel region-wide with more than 2,200 force multipliers composed of barangay police, security guards, and traffic aides.

Two weeks ago, Brig. Gen. Benjamin Acorda Jr., regional director of PRO-10, reminded all police personnel to refrain from firing their service firearms just create noise in ushering in the new year.

Those proven to have indiscriminately fired his service firearm will be meted with appropriate penalties, Acorda warned.

For the second year in a row, the police leadership did not require the sealing of the muzzles of service firearms during Christmas and New Year.

Dr. Tristan Jediah Labitad of the Department of Health-10 (DOH-10) reported earlier that a three-year old boy of San Vicente village in Kapatagan town, Lanao del Norte had anti-tetanus treatment last Dec. 21 due to fireworks-related injuries (FWRI).

No additional FWRI case has been reported to the DOH-10, as of Saturday, Jan. 1, 2022, so far.


Share this Article